Welcome to Mme. Chenu's French class webpage. Please come back often for announcements, links to fun games and study tips.
Learn French and have Fun!
FSL Homework Toolbox - A great FSL resource for parents to support learning French at home! There are Homework Tips and FAQ's to answer all your questions about helping your child be successful in learning French.
1. Quia.com : Thousands of games - Search for French games related to unit of study
2. tfo.org/jeux : Games from télé-français
3. Paires-Eclairs : Fun, matching game (vocabulary practice)
4. Digitaldialects : Variety of games using basic vocabulary
5. Zut : List of French games and resources by topic
6. Gramm-O-L'eau: Challenge yourself with various interactive grammar games!
- Picture Dictionary : Basic vocabulary with English-French translations
- French-English Dictionary: Search English or French words at the top of this website
- Picture Vocabulary: Listen and learn vocabulary related to your unit of study
- Dictionary Skills: Learn how to use a French-English dictionary to find meaning of words
- Dictionary Drills: Practice using a French-English dictionary
- Smart Phrase: Useful resource to find common phrases by categories
- Bon Patron: Check your writing by typing in French, and it will show you where you need to make corrections. (Note: It does NOT make the corrections for you, but it can be helpful to see if you've made mistakes)
Typing French accents - This page gives you the "ALT" codes to type French accents on a PC
On-line French keyboard - Use this page to type in French. You may copy and paste it to other documents
Junior Verb List - A list of 100 most common verbs listed in alphabetical order from English to French
Intermediate Verb List - Download a list of over 600 verbs listed in alphabetical order in both English and French; Common verbs are highlighted
Conjugator: Help with conjugations? Type in any verb and see a list of conjugations in different tenses. Make sure you choose the CORRECT tense for your writing!
- Listen to Anything you want! : Practice for your presentation by typing in any French words or phrases, and listen to how it's pronounced by several French speakers.
French classroom commands - Be familiar with common Classroom phrases with these flashcards
FSL Toolbox - Listen to many useful vocabulary and phrases to support learning at home!
Why Learn a New Language?
Video ONE - funny video
Video TWO - reasons to learn a foreign language
Video FOUR - Foreign Language Ad (funny)
Video FIVE - Foreign Language Ad (funny)
Pourquoi take French - music video by Etienne
Pourquoi take French - music video of Etienne's song, created by a student in Grade 8
Why French in High School - a promotion video of French in High School, and why it's important
One charter, Two languages - a video from the government of Canada, showing why many young people across Canada continue to study French/English in order to be bilingual
Workopolis - search a list of current jobs in Ontario, and see how many jobs have French as an asset! (Search: Bilingual, French & English)
High School French Credits - What do you need to graduate from High School? Click on the link to see the complete list. At least one Gr.9 French as a second language is compulsory
Youth bilingualism in Canada - An article about bilingualism in Canada for youth
Benefits of learning a second language - An article listing the benefits of learning a second language
Aux Champs-Élyées - karaoke Sing-along the popular song about Paris
Vive le vent - Jingle Bells in French
Mon beau sapin - O Christmas Tree in French
Nuit étoilée - Silent Night in French
Le père noël arrive ce soir - Santa Clause is coming tonight (in French)
Au royaume du bonhomme hiver - Holiday songs
Effective Online Research Tools - Evaluate your research on the internet